Aaron Blohowiak, author of Transitive.io, talks about decisions that every realtime framework designer has to make, describing the advantages and drawbacks of each choice so you will be able to design or chose a framework that makes the right trade-offs for your problem.
- When do updates spread? implicit vs explicit state propagation
- What about race conditions? Locking vs Last-Wins
- How do components communicate over the network? RPC vs message-oriented
- Who is responsible for deciding how the HTML should change in the browser? Smart clients vs Smart servers
- Do we need to support web crawlers or offline mode? SEO vs SPA